Sunday, February 05, 2006

Heading to the field

We've got field training all week so I won't have anything interesting or juicy till I return. I will say GO STEELERS!

Also of note: I have been a little peeved at the coverage on Bob Woodruff and his camera man being wounded in Iraq. I really wish there was as good an amount of coverage on the 15,000+ Soldiers, Sailors, Marines and Airmen who've been wounded in Iraq putting their asses on the line not for a story but for all of us here at home so that we can eat BBQ'd food, watch the Super bowl and drink our favorite beer this weekend. GOD BLESS those warriors who've sacrificed so much for us!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's good to know that I'm not a cold-hearted b#%$* for thinking that same thing about the coverage of the news reporters.

Comment from Utah

CA Marine said...

No, you're not. Trust me, every sensible American is asking the same question. I guess for the MSM it's different when it's one of their own but we servicemen are targeted for destruction when there is even a hint of impropriety, never mind we're fighting, getting blown up and in some cases losing our lives every day...

Anonymous said...

i hope you heard Bob Woodruff's family say exactly that...they too feel that our sevice Men/Women should be in the headlines.

TF

Anonymous said...

Amen to God bless those who have been wounded while saving mankind.

Anonymous said...

Amen - God bless those who have given the ULTIMATE sacrifice and for those wounded while saving the rest of the world.