It has been a few weeks again and I think I may be getting into a rhythm. Every two weeks may be all that I can do when I’m deployed so I will stay on this track. Much has happened in the past 2 weeks especially with my unit. Our mobilization date has been pushed up to more than a month earlier than we originally planned for. I believe it’s because my unit will experience shortfalls in the Marines we need to deploy and we will have to identify those and put out the call for reserve Marines to fill them. It’s a minor blow to morale but a necessary action as I view it.
Yesterday we welcomed home a group of our warriors from Iraq. Since the War on Terror started my unit has had a constant rotation cycle to the Middle East. Mostly in small detachments but this years mobilization will mark the 3rd entire unit activation since 2003. I think we may be high on the list as far as reserve units go for the number of mobilizations we have experienced.
On a personal note, today my daughter received an academic achievement award and I was present to see her get it at an assembly.
Wednesday, October 05, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
The only sentiment I can express is: Thank you for your service! May some "angel" look after your family while you are gone. (wink, wink)
For those who may drop in and read or post here, help spread the word that you can help honor those who serve(d) by attending the 9th Annual Long Beach Veterans Day Parade. The parade is to be held on Saturday, November 5th. Check out the site below for more details.
Post a Comment