Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Getting Ready To Launch

I will be leaving the comfort of my family, friends and home in the next 72 hours. I am excited, anxious and afraid. All are the normal range of emotions one should experience before embarking on a potentially dangerous journey which could have life changing effects. I pray that the courage, stamina and patience that have served me in the past rejoin me once again for this difficult trip and that my family find strength, comfort, and support with our family and dear friends. Thanks to all who have encouraged me and supported me in my blogging efforts. I hope to continue blogging when I get to where I'm going across the big pond.
Semper Fidelis & God Bless
Signing off for now...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was glad to get a chance to see you and give a big before departure day. Watching you prepare for this has been an amazing experience for me. I put myself in your place wondering how I would react to shipping out to Iraq, leaving my family, home, country...all I know in order to perform my chosen duty. You and all men and women who serve this country truly serve a higher cause than yourself. I'm honored to know such a man! We'll pray for you every day you're gone and wait for your return God Bless and God speed your way back to all you love!
Big D.