Thursday, July 28, 2005

Some info

I write this for the benefit of those who don’t know me and as further insight for those that do. I maintain a level of anonymity to protect operational security, the lives of my men and my family. While I am home, I fear no acts of reprisal for my points of view or for what I do but while abroad I do fear for my family. I am a happily married man of 12 years, a father of two (one girl, one boy) wonderful children and the owner of two shaggy mutts. I am fortunate to be married to a true American patriot, a wonderful and nurturing mother to our children and the best mistress two shaggy mutts ever had. I have lived in the same city (barring numerous deployments to far away places) for pretty much my whole life and by choice. I have been to many fantastic, exotic and unusual countries and have made friends where ever I travel. I descend from the people of both the Emerald Isle and those native to the United States both north and south of the Mexican border. One might think because of this fiery mixture that I have a short temper or a penchant for fire water. Neither is true. Although at times I have unleashed my wrath upon some unfortunates and do partake of Dionysian delights or liquid amber, I am for the most part even keeled and long on patience. That isn’t to say that I am not a driven individual or bear no passion for ideals and values near and dear to my heart. I love my country, our freedoms and our preservation of inalienable rights but abhor those who think to change us (Americans) and strive to put the yoke of global socialism around our necks. I want to be free to make my own decisions and defend my liberty under the law of my land, the Greatest Nation on God’s green earth, but I am aware that there are many who think it best to rein our nation in under a global government. I have served my country for fifteen years and counting and intend to do so as long as my Corps will have me and there is breath in my lungs. I started this blog mainly to give family and friends my perspective (if they care) and let them know how my day-to-day life at home and leading up to my second tour in Iraq is going. I invite you post on my blog with the realization that my family members and friends will read this. Remember your manners and I will remember mine. Thank You for visiting.
CA Marine

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, guy, keep up the good work! Would love to hear some of your work in Iraq to counter the liberal B.S. that we are fed daily.

Any word from your buds in Iraq about how we are doing? I KNOW it is rough but none-the-less good things are being done by you and yours..


People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf - George Orwell

Remember our veterans and their sacrifices.

Join us for the ANNUAL LONG BEACH VETERANS DAY PARADE. visit www.veteransdayparade.com

CA Marine said...

Mr. Grateful American,
Thanks for your kind words. I will post some annecdotes from my own 9 month tour spent in that lovely little country soon.
I will also post a sitrep from one of my Marines in Fallujah as well. They are doing well and have met with much success.
Semper Fidelis

Anonymous said...

As a veteran of Viet Nam I recognize the sacrifices you and all of the members of our Armed Forces are making on my behalf. Thank You. I also recall the lack of support from the American Public at large and from the News Media. The problem is not that the people don't want to support you, it's that they are not being told the truth as to what is being accomplished, what our goals are and how our enemies act.

I was raised to serve, My Uncles and Father fought in WWII, I and a number of cousins were in Vietnam, I have a younger brother currently deployed and in harms way serving US and the U.S.of A.

Keep your blog active. Tell it as you see it.

Thanks, once again.

Anonymous said...

It takes a special person to put his or her life at risk to save and protect not only loved family members and friends but complete strangers who worry about many things that are unknown or that most people don't have the answers to. I must admit there are so many things I don't understand and so many things that I could let freak me out but instead I have a tremendous faith in Christ that all this is happening because it is a part of His great plan for all of us. God bless you CA Marine! I'll always be thankful for brave people like you , who make me feel proud to be an American and most of all safe. My prayers go out to all who serve our country and their families.

Anonymous said...

When will we hear some of your "annecdotes from my own 9 month tour spent in that lovely little country", as well as some insight into your upcoming mission...?

CA Marine said...

I think I said "soon"...

Anonymous said...

I consider it an honor to be counted among the friends of men like yourself.

Like many recovering liberals, it took me a long time to realize that freedom isn't free and that there are people like yourself who pay the price for all of the rest of us.

I am eternally grateful.

CA Marine said...

Thank you all for you kind comments. Writing a book wasn't on the top of my list but who knows. Thanks for your support.