Thursday, November 24, 2005

What I am Thankful For

On this Thanksgiving Day I find myself reflecting, as I do every year at this time, on what it is that I am thankful for. I am thankful to be alive. Mostly because for certain I have faced death many more times than the average bear and by all accounts have used a few of my nine lives to boot. I am thankful for a wonderful wife and fantastic kids. Without the tremendous love and support of my small but happy family I would not be whole, happy or healthy. I am thankful for the time I have had with my family these last two years since returning from Iraq, and before returning to continue the work that needs to be done. I am thankful for the Marines I have had the privilege and honor of serving with during peace and war time and I am equally thankful for being a part of this hallowed band of brothers. Most of all I am thankful to be an American in this greatest nation on God’s green earth. Today I reflect on all this and more and pray that you whether friend or foe have something to be thankful for too.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi CAMARINE, Thanks for the link...we are thankful for friends like you! You make us proud and we hold you close in our prayers always! Thanks for being you! xo D and E and N

CA Marine said...

Thanks guys. I really appreciate those comments. BTW please don't mention my identity, It could threaten security;-)

Anonymous said...

I am thankful for the likes of CA Marine and all his mates who are willing to defend this GREAT nation of ours - in spite of all the B.S. that they receive from the major media and the lefties.

Way to go, big guy!!!!!!!!!!!

Fayme Zelena Harper said...

Pokes you for not putting traditional archery on your profile.

Anonymous said...

Squeeze every ounce out of what life has to offer. Look up at the heavens above and the earth and sea below.

These are great places to strike our enemies from.

Great having you as a friend all these years. Remember, your friends are always your friends.

Hoorahhh! Carry on.

CA Marine said...

Lady Arwen,
I have updated my profile with afforementioned change (archery).

Anonymous,
It's great having you as a friend even not knowing who you are. Thanks for being you!

CAM

Anonymous said...

Don't you actually need to shoot a bow to be considered an archer? ;-)