Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Trick-Or-Treat?

Last night was Halloween and I couldn't help but think to make the best of it as it may be my last. Last you say? Maybe. I think that anyone in this line of business (military) has at the back of his or her mind that this event or that event may be the last. Gives "carpe diem" a renewed flavor. I enjoyed the time spent with family and close friends wandering the streets in search of treats at the threat of a trick. It was made even more fun by my 6-year-old daughter's comedic relief as she worked doorbells and sang out "Century 21". She dressed as one of our dearest friends who is a real-estate agent, and my wife had sewn together her very own "gold jacket" of Century 21 fame. It was our daughters' choice to go as this particular agent and her costume was further accentuated by the official Century 21 nametag she sported. All-in-all a great and memorable night. If it's my last Halloween, it was worthy...

No comments: