Sad thing about this story is that this guy was one of my army counterparts and I worked with him daily. Not only that, I trusted him with my life!
Never knew he was up to no good...Just goes to show that you can never tell.
Here's the link
Monday, December 05, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
And your life was probably perfectly safe in his hands. Just because he's been charged does not prove his guilt. And if he's proven guilty, it doesn't prove anything beyond that he was sorely tempted by financial opportunities the likes of which he's probably never seen before.
Like you mention, you can never tell. Think of how many times the media interviews a neighbor: "I just never expected him to do that, he's the nicest guy I know." They never say, "I knew he'd go bad, always sitting over there peering out of the drapes, looking in people's open windows, I just knew he was a bad apple."
Good point!
i hope he is innocent. it is a shame that the actions of one man can taint an entire operation. we did a lot of good work in Hillah, and i would hate to think that someone took advantage of their position to steal, money from the Iraqis and the U.S., and trust from fellow service members. this is not acceptable.
Post a Comment